This wallet is exactly what I need in my life right now. It has multiple compartments, zippers, easy access to my ID, made from recycled materials and it even comes with Nomi Network’s brand label that read “Buy her bag not her body”.
Why is that their signature label? Because at this non-profit’s bag company the products are made by Cambodian human trafficking survivors. When you buy a bag from them you know that the profits go to survivors who not only made these exquisite products, but use the funds for a second lease on life.
Only $30, this and many more awesome pieces at Nomi’s Network.
Posts Tagged ‘bags’
From our friend Johnny Lee, our partner and friend who sold bikes at last years’ show:
“Wanted to share real quick about POPCYCLE Bags! POPCYCLE bags is a brand new social enterprise project that we have just rolled out!
Our first run bags feature 5 colors, velcro and zippers, 7 pockets, and heavy vinyl lining.
5 REASONS why you should get one:
1. POPCYCLE BAGS are sweatshop Free. Our bags are made in a small garment shop in Phnom Penh Cambodia that we began a partnership with last year. Fair wages are paid to the local individuals who come from poor families. All materials are purchased from local markets.
2. 100% of the Proceeds go back into our programs.
3. Portions of the proceeds of a POPCYCLE bag purchase go directly towards assisting victims of human trafficking with not just free, but legitimate rehabilitation services, health care, shelter, basic necessities, education, and vocational opportunities. Portions of proceeds will go towards our anti-poverty programs where we hold opportunities for over 700-800 vulnerable children in slum communities. Lastly, portions go towards our new vocational school BEEPG.
4. Million Kids is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization so POPCYCLE bag purchases are 100% tax-deductible.
5. If successful, POPCYCLE bags, can be a long-term, sustainable project that can have a huge impact on our program across Southeast Asia including Thailand, Burma, and Cambodia.
Okay you probably already own a sweet bag(s), so maybe this could be a gift for a friend? Christmas? Birthdays?
ORDER NOW on the info page”