Here are some interesting facts from the foundation and Polaris.org worth considering:
- 100,000 — number of U.S. kids exploited annually in the commercial sex industry.
- 13 — the average age when a child is first exploited
- 70 — percentage of victims reporting physical or sexual abuse in their home
- $1.5 million — estimated revenue a pimp can get from a five-girl prostitution ring
- 1,900 — 2012 calls from Texas to the National Human Trafficking Resource Center
- 9 — bills passed in Texas to protect victims and prosecute traffickers
- $1.9 million — grants to the Dallas Women’s Foundation in the last four years to support prevention, victim assistance and advocacy in North Texas.
Source: Dallas Morning View Blog